Wool Dryer Balls
Store-bought dryer sheets emit VOCs (volatile organic compounds) that are known to be very toxic and have been linked to Alzheimer’s and cancer. A 100% natural replacement for dryer sheets is dryer balls made from wool. You can purchase them already felted (which is what most people do) and ready to go, or you can make them yourself by felting wool.
Why use wool balls?
- They can cut your drying time in half
- They help reduce static
- They save you money on your energy bill
- They are chemical-free, unlike dryer sheets
- They can be re-used over and over again
- They increase the fluffiness of your clothes
- They are safe to use with cloth diapers.
- 4-6 Wool Dryer Balls
- Favorite Essential Oil
Simply add 5-8 drops of any essential oil onto one of the dryer balls and throw into the dryer with the rest of your dryer balls.