10 drops Orange
4 oz Pure Raspberry Puree (no seeds)*
2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
11 oz 54% Chocolate in callets or small pieces
1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
A few dried Apricots
11 oz Dark Chocolate
Edible Red Glitter (optional)
*Note – Raspberry puree can be purchased in frozen format from many sources. If you are struggling to find it, you can make it yourself from frozen raspberries. Simply cook the raspberries until hot, press through a fine sieve to remove seeds. Reserve the remaining puree and weigh as needed for this recipe.
- Cook puree and vanilla on a medium-low heat until thickened and fragrant. Just bring to a boil, but do not continue boiling.
- Add chocolate and melt slowly over low heat.
- Add butter in pieces and combine briskly with a balloon whisk. Press out any unmelted butter with your spatula. Add Orange oil and stir to combine.
- Scrape into a plastic container and allow to set at room temperature. Place in the fridge until you are ready to dip and roll truffles.
- Divide the mixture into even bite-sized pieces and roll into balls. Refrigerate until quite solid, at least an hour.
- Melt coating chocolate and roll into truffles, garnishing as you go with the glitter.
Tis the season Tags Keep Calm Tags