Yields 16 ounces.
Don’t throw away those orange and lemon peels! Save them to make this multi-purpose citrus cleaner. Can be used to clean the kitchen, bathroom, floors, tables and more!
1 cup Citrus Peels
1 tbsp Salt
1 cup White Vinegar
10 drops Lemon, Orange or Grapefruit
- Cut your citrus peels up into small pieces and add them to a quart-sized mason jar.
- Add salt to the peels and allow them to sit for 20-30 minutes. This will pull the oils from the peels and make your cleaning solution stronger.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of white vinegar to the mason jar. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and let the solution sit for 2-3 weeks. The longer it sits, the better.*
- Remove the citrus peels but make sure to squeeze out all the liquid before discarding them.
- Add the essential oils to the mason jar, shake, then pour into spray bottle.
*Note – you can make this recipe without the citrus peels if you don’t want to wait 2-3 weeks. Just skip that step and go right to mixing the ingredients together (minus the peels) to use right away.