A toast recipe to “beet” the rest!
Use this delicious beet toast recipe for a delicious, fresh-tasting breakfast or prepare a few slices to be a side dish at dinner!
- Just 1 Beet (roasted, boiled, or canned)
- Two slices of your favorite healthy bread
- 1-2 tbsp vinegar (apple cider, sherry, red wine, etc)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of cream cheese (cashew cream cheese if you want to be a bit healthier)
- ½ tbsp fresh chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- Other spices to taste
- Optional: 1 drop Turmeric or Vetiver oil
- Prepare your beets.
- Cooking: You’ll get the best, deepest flavor and the most nutrients by using a roasted beet. Second-best flavor and nutrient profile by boiling. And the third-best option is canned beets, but if you like the extra acidity of canned beets go for it!
- Slicing: Slice your beet into pieces that will fit on your toast. We prefer slightly thicker slices (especially when the beets are roasted!) but slice the size you want.
- Mix your tablespoon of vinegar and olive oil together. Add just a bit of salt and pepper to the mix. Add your one drop of either Turmeric or Vetiver essential oil to this mixture, stirring it in thoroughly.
- Toast your bread.
- Spread your cream cheese on the bread.
- Toss your beet slices in the vinegar-oil mixture. And then add to the toast.
- Sprinkle your fresh chopped chives on top.
- Salt to taste and add any other spices you want (toasted sesame seeds, cumin, garlic or onion powder, oregano, etc)
Did you know?: Beets are very good for you. They provide lots of vital nutrients, fight inflammation, support your brain and digestive system, support healthy blood pressure, and more! And in Hindu or Buddhist philosophies, beets have been recommended as a good food to support the root chakra!