It’s time for cool, refreshing summer drinks!
But they don’t have to be unhealthy! Just the opposite!
iTOVi Cucumber Lemonade combines some of nature’s best detox ingredients into a tasty summer beverage that you can combine with your favorite essential oils!
- 6 cups (36 oz) of filtered water
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ cup of filtered water
- ½ cup lime or lemon juice (fresh squeezed from 3-4 citrus fruits or store-bought)
- 2 ½ tablespoons of organic honey OR 1 tsp liquid stevia
- 1 drop of ingestible emulsifier (safe-for-consumption Polysorbate 80 or 20, Lecithin, etc)
- 3-5 drops of your chosen flavoring oil (Just make sure you have a food-grade oil that is safe for consumption)
- Peel the cucumber and cut it in half, dicing one half into pieces small enough to fit into your blender and set the other half aside.
- Add ¼ cup of filtered water to the cucumbers in the blender and blend.
- Filter the blended cucumber mix through a mesh net strainer. This should yield about half a cup of cucumber juice. (The leftover cucumber pulp can be used in a moisturizing face mask!)
- Mix the cucumber juice into a pitcher with 6 cups of water.
- Add the lime or lemon juice and your sweetener (either honey or liquid Stevia)
- In a small, separate dish, thoroughly combine your oil drops and your one drop of emulsifier together before stirring them into your lemonade.
- Slice the remaining cucumber into rounds and add to the lemonade.
- Keep cool and enjoy!